Its been a while since my last makeover to our splashback which was a beautiful Moroccan tile print with our Dark kitchen.
We have undergone a huge makeover a few years ago with painting our kitchen white and it honestly has been the best thing we have ever done. A lot more brighter and fresh.
I’ve always loved the white subway tile look but it really would’ve be an expensive and big job to do…until I came across Tic Tac Tiles whom stock beautiful life like Vinyl tiles that simply stick onto majority of surfaces and instantly create a statement in the kitchen.
Ive now had the splashback in my kitchen for approx. 5 months now and its been extremely easy to maintain. When splatters occur while im cooking I simply just wipe over it with a damp cloth as you would any other splashback.
I’ll walk you through the steps I took to complete this project.
What you will need;
- Tic Tac Tiles
- Stanley Knife
- Cutting Mat
- Before ordering the tiles be sure to measure the surface you would like to cover and calculate how many tiles you will never to cover it. Also include a few extra tiles just incase.
- Once you have your tiles start sticking onto the flat surfaces that are easier and no need for cutting.
- If you’re required to do some cutting, measure using the ruler and cut using the Stanley knife on your cutting mat to prevent damage.
4. For more difficult areas like around a framed window, I found using the piece of paper to create a template was a lot easier and decreased the chance for mistakes. I will measure and outline the shape and then cut around the tile to match.
5. Once you have covered the entire surface I like to use selleys caulk around the gaps and edges to give a seamless finish. caulk is very easy to remove and handle, you’re able to purchase small tubes to help you assist with applying.
Enjoy you new beautiful splashback! Tic Tac Tiles can also be used for other projects, get creative, the results are so rewarding!
Tic Tac Tiles can be purchased Here .