- 1 packet puff pastry + a small ring or cup to cut out circle disks.
- 800 grams lamb mince
- 2 onions finely diced
- 2 Tsp Arab 7 spice
- 2 Tsp salt
- 2 Ltrs goat yoghurt bottle
- 1 cup cold water with 1 heap Tbsp cornflour dissolved.
- 1 bunch coriander chopped finely
- 1 whole head garlic crushed
- Heat a little oil and start cooking a finely breaking the lamb mince and onion. Season with salt and the Arab 7 spice. Keep stirring until cooked.
- Using the ring or cup to cut out circle disks, slightly roll out each disk and place a little meat mix in the middle and start molding it closed shaped like a tortellini.
- Pour the bottle of yoghurt into a large pot, fill the empty goat yoghurt bottle half way with cold water and pour over the yoghurt. Also add the dissolved cup of cornflour and water into the pot. Store really well on low heat. Once yoghurt has come to a slight boil start dropping the dumplings.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan add a little unsalted butter with the garlic & coriander, fry off for a few minutes until fragrant. Pour over the yoghurt and dumpling sauce and mix well.
- Allow to simmer on low heat for approx 40mins-1hr.
Serve with Mjadra for the perfect traditional dish!