Note: there is absolutely no strict measurements so don’t be hesitant to be extremely generous with your portions!
- Fresh basil – as much as you like.
- 2 cloves garlic
- Parmesan cheese – generous amount
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Salt & pepper
- 1 pack fresh fettucine pasta
- Place a large pot of water on high heat, sprinkle a Generous amount of salt into the water and allow to come to a boil.
- In the meantime, using a small saucepan lightly toast the pine nuts dry with no oil whatsoever. Set aside.
- In a food processor add the basil, garlic, pine nuts, a handful of Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil and go ahead and blitz for 30 secs.
- Open the lid of the food processor and add another handful of Parmesan and stir through, ofcourse according to taste adjust the measurements until your happy with both taste & consistency. Set aside.
- Once pasta water has come to a boil add your pasta which most likely only takes 3 minutes to cook.
- Once done, DONOT use a colander/strainer ensuring some of the starchy liquid is added to the dish is important to create this dish. Rather, using tongs just simply add into the serving dish you would like to use.
- Add the homemade pesto, salt and pepper, olive oil and mix through. Keep in mind to add some more of the starch liquid from the pasta pot to give a little more moisture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese & Enjoy a delicious & simple meal so full of flavour.