- 1 packet of sponge lady fingers
- 1 large jar of tropical fruit salad can
- A mix of berries and fruit of your choice
- 1 can passionfruit pulp
- 600ml whipping cream OR thickened cream
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- In a bowl pour the cream, caster sugar and vanilla extract and whip until thickened. Taste and adjust to your desired sweetness.
- In your chosen bowl or tray outline the outside with cut up fruit- using a clear glass dish will be a lovely choice. Seeing the colours of the dessert adds a lot more deliciousness to the dish!
- Separate the fruit juice from the fruit salad can. Pour the juice into a bowl.
- With the sponge fingers dip into the fruit juice and start assembling the layers. Sponge fingers, fruit then cream and so forth. The order of the layers are completely upto you.
- Once you’re done ensure the top layer is cream where here you will garnish with delicious cut up fruits. An optional choice of sprinkling desiccated coconut adds a lovely texture to the cake. Drizzle a little passionfruit pulp and you’re ready to indulge to a beautiful & super easy dessert!
NOTE: Want to gift a lovely dessert to a gathering you’re invited too…?! Why not make this dessert in single serving cups. It is sure to make a lovely accompaniment to a lovely evening.