- 1 Kg chicken breast fillets crumbed
- 1 large eggplant sliced long ways
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese or your preferred cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tomatoes diced
- 2 jars Neapolitana sauce
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Fresh basil leaves chopped
- Place sliced eggplant onto a baking dish drizzle olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder- place into the oven until golden.
- Cook chicken till golden on the outside and set aside.
- In a skillet heat a little oil and sautè onion and garlic till fragrant. Add diced tomatoes and mix together till tomatoes slightly soft.
- Pour both jars of Neapolitana sauce. Season and allow to simmer.
- Once eggplants are done remove from the oven. Using a baking dish begin to assemble your layers. First a little sauce, Parmesan cheese and sprinkle of garlic powder. Layer of eggplant then chicken followed for a last layer of eggplant. Pour remaining of the sauce and sprinkle with both Parmesan and your chosen cheese.
- Garnish wig fresh chopped basil, cover with foil and put into the oven for approx 20mins or until cooked through. Remove foil and return to the oven until cheese is golden.