- Puff pastry
- Pie dish
- Unsalted butter
- 1kg mince beef
- 1 large Tbsp Traditional gravy powder
- Pepper gravy powder
- Salt & pepper
- Sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 egg
- Rosemary sprigs
- Thyme sprigs
Note: if you don’t have fresh thyme and rosemary use dried.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet and sautè the onion, garlic & mushrooms till fragrant. Add the mince meat and break finely through the garlic and onion mix.
- Add the fresh thyme & Rosemary along with paprika & season with salt + pepper.
- Meanwhile, dissolve both types of gravy powder in approx half a cup- 1cup of boiled water & pour over the meat filling. Start with only half a cup to ensure the mix isn’t too watery.
- Grease the pie dish with butter and line with a layer of pastry. Ladle in some meat filling and top with a layer of pastry.
- Which the egg and brush over the top layer of the pie, this will allow it to become golden and crunchy.
- Place into the oven on 180 degrees for approx 15-20mins or till the top has become golden.