A delicious home recipe passed down to me by my beautiful sister. An easy yet delicious dish.
- 1 Kg Lamb back strap (cut into thin slices)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp bi-carb soda
- 1Tbsp sugar
- Oil (vegetable, olive oil)
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 Leek thinly sliced
- 4 carrots chopped
- Handful mushrooms -sliced
- 1 Red capsicum -sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum -sliced
- Handful snowpeas
- 2-3 sachets of ‘Lee Kum Kee’ Mongolian lamb sachet.
- In a bowl whisk the egg followed by adding the rest of the marinade ingredients.
- Place sliced lamb into the bowl and coat with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and marinate for ATLEAST 30mins prior to cooking. (Lamb back strap is extremely tender so doesn’t need very little to marinate)
- Prep all your veggies.
- In a skillet heat a little oil and seat lamb till slightly brown then set aside. Follow by sautéing the onion, leek & garlic- once done pour over the lamb.
- Add a little oil and start ‘flash frying’ veggies starting with the hardest to softest vegetable. Flash frying is cooking for a few minutes but not too much allowing the vegetables to have a little crunch.
- Once all vegetables are done add the meat & onion mix and stir for a few minutes.
- Stir through the sauce sachets and stir. Allow to simmer & serve with either noodles or rice.
NOTE: the lamb marinade can also be used to tenderize beef.