If you’re looking for delicious, warm & hearty comfort food then this recipe will blow your mind away!
Keep on reading to find out how to make this delicious dish!
- 1 kg Beef schnitzels (coles section) or any cut of beef
- 3Tbsp plain Flour
- Salt & pepper
- Punnet sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 3Tbsp Italian mixed herbs
- 1 Tbsp pepper gravy powder
- 2 Tbsp chicken stock powder
- 1 Tbsp gourmet vegeta stock powder
- 1.5Ltrs hot water
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1tbsp cornflour (dissolved in 1/2 cup cold water)
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven on 150 degrees. Coat the beef pieces in plain flour on all sides.
- In a oven proof skillet/pan heat a little oil. Sear off the beef for approx 45seca each side to give a brown colour- ensuring the beef isn’t cooked! Once done set aside and cover with foil.
- In the same skillet add a little more oil, fry off the onions & garlic till onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté till starting to wilt.
- Add sprigs of thyme, mustard and stir well.
- Return beef back to the skillet, coat with the mushrooms, onion and garlic mix.
- In a large jug of hot water dissolve the pepper gravy, vegeta & chicken stock powder into the water. Pour over the beef ensuring the stock is covering the beef well- if they’re in need of more covering add a little more water.
- Add your dried rosemary & Italian herbs, stir and cover with foil tightly.
- Place into the oven to slow cook/braise for approx 3-4hrs of till meat is soft and falling apart. At approx 2 hours check to ensure the liquid hasn’t evaporated- if this has happened add a little more water.
- Once beef is cooked, remove and cover with foil.place the skillet on low heat, pour the predissolved cornflour and stir to help thicken. Also add the thickened cream and allow to simmer to help reduce and come to slow boil until thickened with a gravy consistency.
- Once done ladle over the beef and serve immediately.
NOTE: serve with either potato mash,rice or roasted veggies.
Enjoy a delicious meal full of delicious flavours!