- 1 leek thinly sliced
- 4 carrots diced
- 1 large onion diced into chunks
- 4 potatoes diced into chunks
- Celery finely sliced
- Chicken breast
- Egg Noodles crushed
- 2 heap Tbsp of Vegeta (Gourmet stock)
- 1 Litre Chicken stock/broth
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Dried thyme
- Salt & pepper
- Knob of butter
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- Small piece of ginger finely diced
- In a large pot heat a little olive oil and place all your prepped veggies,garlic & ginger- allow to sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the knob of butter and stir through into the veggies.
- Place the chicken into the pot and stir through with the veggies.
- Season with salt & pepper and add the dried thyme.
- Crush the egg noodles, sprinkle over the chicken and veggies- stir for a few minutes before adding the chicken stock, top up with water and the Vegeta gourmet stock.
- Now you can tweak measurements according to your taste- so keep tasting and adjusting till the flavor is just right for you.
- Allow the soup to simmer on low for approx 45-1hr or until the vegetables are tender & chicken is cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked remove from the pot and place into a plate. Use two forks to shred the chicken. Once that’s done place them back into the pot & stir.
- Turn off heat sprinkle the fresh chopped parsley & serve.
Note: serve with a squeeze of lemon if you like and some crusty bread.