An absolute Delicious take on “Surf ‘N’ Turf-esque”- creamy Garlic & mushroom chicken with prawns.
- 1Kg Chicken breast fillets
- 300g uncooked prawns (tails intact)
- 6-8 cloves garlic crushed
- 3Tbsp mustard
- Punnet mushrooms sliced
- Carrots cut into ‘mini sticks’
- Shallots thinly sliced
- 1 onion finely diced
- Plain flour
- Chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley chopped
- X2 600mL thickened cream
- In a bowl marinate the prawns using half of the crushed garlic,1.5tbsp mustard, salt and pepper, chilli flakes & olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 45mins-1hr.
- Season the chicken breast fillets with salt and pepper. Evenly coat both sides with plain flour.
- In a skillet heat a little oil and cook the chicken. Once cooked set aside.
- In the same skillet cook the prawns till slightly orange in colour. Set aside.
- In the same skillet add the remaining garlic and all veggies and sautè till fragrant- add mustard followed by cream & parsley. Season.
- Add the cooked chicken & prawns. Stir well,cover and allow to simmer for approx 10-12mins. Once cream has thickened turn off the heat.
Serve with homeMade mash, rice or veggies.
Video recipe can be found on my YouTube channel “Amira’s Lifestyle Guide” ( Click here)