As a child I remember coming home so hungry from school and mum having prepared a small snack of some sort to keep our bellies satisfied till our dad came back home and we had family dinner together.
Now that I’m a mother myself and my daughters go to school I’ve followed my mothers footsteps with my children.
When they come home from school I make small snacks or appetisers till we have our family dinner together around the dining table.
Following is one of my recipes for the classic lasagne dish transformed into ‘mini versions’
🍴fresh lasagne sheets / puff pastry / wonton wrappers ( whatever you prefer and have available)
🍴500g mince meat
🍴1 onion (finely diced)
🍴1 large carrot ( finely diced)
🍴 1 zucchini (finely diced-optional)
🍴 1 small Aubergine/eggplant (finely diced-optional)
🍴handful mushrooms (finely diced-optional)
🍴Jar of your preferred sauce I used the brand ‘Five Brothers- five cheeses’
🍴salt & pepper
🍴dried mixed herbs
🍴fresh basil for garnish
1. Firstly, preheat oven. cut your pastry/ sheets in length and then across to creat 2 even sides in each muffin cup place 2 pieces of pastry, do not cut the excess of the pastry as this tends to create a very delicious crunch 👌
2. In a pan heat a drizzle of olive oil add your veggies and meat and stir together until meat has cooked through add your herbs and sauce and allow to simmer till thickened.
3. Turn off the heat once done, allow the meat mix to cook for a few minutes and scoop a few tablespoons into each muffin mould and sprinkle with cheese.
4. Place trays into the oven and allow to further cook till cheese has melted and pastry is golden crispy.
5. Remove from the oven once your happy with how they look and allow to cool down for about 5mins before removing from the trays. Serve with freshly chopped basil.
Delicious👌 super easy and definitely a family favourite ☺️